Top 10 recent Facebook changes
The world of technology is ever changing! We’ve come up with a list of the Top 10 recent Facebook changes to help you keep ahead of the curve. By keeping track of these changes you will be able to maxamise your Facebook knowledge and stay ahead of your competitors.
1. Facebook now displays up to 10 ads on a single page
This is up from the former maximum of seven per page. As an advertiser, it doesn’t really mean good news because you will be competing with more advertisers in the same space.
2. Facebook Groups now show who has seen each post
This is great because you can see who went to the group’s page and saw the post and at what time. This will simplify co-ordination of groups because you will know exactly who has seen what posts.
3. The Facebook App Center is now available to 100% of users in the United States, Australia, Canada, India, Ireland, New Zealand, South Africa and the United Kingdom.
The App Center offers Apps that are suitable for mobile use or web and they are divided into sub categories in the search menu e.g. games, music, news.
It is part store, part showcase i.e. it will act as a pointer to mobile Apps on other sites such as the Apple store. Facebook will also be encouraging the growth of Facebook-connected services on the Web that use its login platform, like Pinterest. On the other side of things Facebook will sell Non-platform-specific apps, or HTML5 apps.
4. Facebook page admins can now tag their posts and photos with location.
Adding location to a post is useful for providing more context and telling a richer story.
5. Facebook has started to bring the Timeline design for pages to its mobile versions.
They’ve added new features such as the bigger ‘like’ button, a cover photo and a page description. This new look is more in line with the web version.
6. You can now edit your Facebook comments – at any time.
This feature is available on both private profiles and Fan Pages. It’s main advantage is that a simple spelling mistake for example can be fixed easily.
7. If your page has more than 400 likes you can now get extra exposure for your posts by clicking the little ‘promote’ button under your posts.
Your promoted posts will be seen by a larger percentage of the people who like your Page than would normally see it. It will also be seen by a larger percentage of the friends of people who interact with your post.
8. You can now see how many people have seen each of your posts. This is a great feature. You can gauge which posts deem to be more popular than others and you can create a strategy from there.
Organic views stand for the people who are already your fans that have seen the post. Viral views stand for the friends of fans who have seen the post.
9. Highlighting posts on your Timeline.
You may have noticed that some posts take up the full width of the timeline. See below. This is a great option if the visuals are striking or you simply want a post to stand out and get more attention.
It’s a simple process. Simply click the start icon at the top right of the post and this will ‘highlight’ the post.
10. You can now pin a post to the top of your Page.
When you do this, the post will remain at the top of your timeline regardless of any new posts by you or others. This is a great advantage as important posts won’t be lost on a busy timeline.
How to pin a post:
• Select Pin to Top