Hi All, Our picture this week is Mosaic Monday, a nice bright one to start off the week. Here’s some of the more interesting articles I came across this week.
1. Barry Handy had a very interesting article about choosing subjects to use when you’re doing some e-mail marketing – Choosing email subject lines like a champ. He suggests using a tool called Google Wonder wheel which is a free tool provided from Google that allows you to enter keywords and get a graphical view of associated keywords that people are using to search. It’s a basic but useful tool and well worth checking out.
2. An interesting article from Techcrunch which predicts that Facebook will be bigger than Google in 5 years time. My opinion is that there is no doubt that revenues for Facebook will rise significantly over the next couple of years but Facebook as it is will not be growing in 5 years time. Social networking will be built in an part of operating systems in the future and this will change dramatically how Facebook, twitter etc operate.
3. The top 5 emerging brand trends on Facebook. One of these trends is Facebook places where you can start checking in to Facebook when you are in restaurants, hotels etc. It’s currently being rolled out in Europe so watch out for this..
4. A good article from Hubspot on the 9 worst ways to use twitter for business. The majority of businesses just waste their time on twitter so this might help.
5. What keywords you use on your web content is very important as Google is reading your pages to figure out how to index the content. It’s not about loading your content with keywords but it is about making sure the most appropriate keywords as used so that when potential customers are searching they find what is relevant to them. Here’s a good article from Interleado – simple technique for finding keywords for your business.
Some Hot Tips…
1. If you want to automatically send details of any new blog post you write to twitter use Twitterfeed.
2. If you are running Google Advertisements use Keyword Insertion to increase your conversion rates. With Keyword Insertion you can automatically change the title of your advertisement with the words that somebody uses to search. So when somebody searches for something based on keywords you are advertising they will find an ad that matches their search (if the search is not too long!).
3. If you are spending too much time updating twitter, linkedin, facebook etc why don’t you use Hootsuite. It allows you to simultaneously post to multiple social media platforms and you can even schedule them.
Picture this week thanks to Jek-in-the-box. Have a fantastic week. We love feedback. If you want improvements send them on, if you want to share an article for next week e-mail us now and we’ll make sure to give you credit!